I'm getting ready for my final next week. It'll be 2/3's material we just covered, and 1/3 cumulative. I'm feeling good about it. I'm trying to hit the books to get ready for my end-of-year nursing exam that we'll all have to take. I need to score 800 out of 1000 points or I have to go to summer school. Feel pretty good about that one too.
In the meantime, I picked up an extra shift at work, so I'll be working tonight. A little less time with my kids, but it'll help ease some financial worries.
1. What's It All About, Alfie?- Dionne Warwicke
2. Rip This Joint- The Rolling Stones
3. Ode To Billy Joe- Bobbie Gentry
4. Cocaine Blues- Johnny Cash
5. Sex (I'm a...)- Berlin
6. I Robot- The Alan Parsons Project
7. Sam Stone- John Prine
8. Heart To Heart- Kenny Loggins
9. Five Years- David Bowie
10. Don't Fence Me In - Willie Nelson and Leon Russell
1. Got this one from a "Best of Dionne Wawicke" cd I checked out from the local library-- I've come to be a big fan over the years.
2. From "Exile On Main Street," the greatest rock and roll album ever produced.
3. One of the greatest one-hit-wonders ever.
4. From the "Live At Folsom Prison" album
5. I heard this one a thousand times in the clubs, along with "West End Girls" by the Pet Shop Boys and New Order's "Blue Monday." And like those songs, I never, ever got tired of hearing it.
6. I hear this futuristic-sounding instrumental a lot on sports shows.
7. From John Prine's incredible first album-- a heartbreaking tale of a guy who comes back from Vietnam with a heroin habit.
8. Grew to love this bubble-gum hit hearing it on a local station in college.
9. From the Ziggy Stardust album, one of the first records I ever bought.
10. Willie and Leon coveing Cole Porter.